I am a developer with an entrepreneurial mind and a good eye for UX.
I have experience working on projects with myself being the unique engineer as well as working within teams of multiple developers.
Senior Staff Software Engineer, One Codex -> Invitae— Remote — 2019-2022
Development of a genomes portal in Next.js for the frontend and GraphQL in Flask for the backend.
Research and development (Rust) of a distributed genomic database using succinct Debruijn graphs and compressed bitvectors. Deployment with Kubernetes and Helm.
Rewrite of backend tools in Rust: focus on reliability and performance.
Freelancer— Remote — 2017-2019
Stroly.jp: rewrite of map viewer (2/3 lines of code, 1/4 gzipped size), rewrite of Android app in Kotlin,
cleanup and improvement of the main Django site.
Pitchup.com: worked on the new frontend in Vue/GraphQL, cleanup and improvement of the Django backend
Director, We Are Wizards — London/Remote — 2014-2018
- Co-founded tech agency making MVPs for clients
Developed our own product, Proppy, to make our proposal
writing experience better wearing all hats: user testing, development, customer support.
Contractor — London/Remote — 2014
Django developer, Timetric — London — 6 months
- Improvement/bug fixing of Excel <=> Postgres data transfers
- Optimised a machine learning pipeline and Elasticsearch queries
- Postgres tuning
Front-end developer, Service Trade — Remote — 2 months
- Added features/design to the tablet version of the app in EmberJS
- Maintained and improved the Green Man Gaming shop and Playfire (Django + jQuery)
Playfire via widgets such as comments and Want button
- Developed a Steam scraper in Go